What You'll Learn
- The Fundamentals
- Note names, chords, reading, writing, rhythm are taught in a positive atmosphere using methods tailored to suit each student’s learning style
- Music Technology
- Combine piano and technology to enhance your music education. Learn to use garageband, music apps, and more
- Learn to play songs from a multitude of genres whether it’s classical, a pop song you heard on the radio, or anything in between
- Learn to compose your own songs, and have them turned into sheet music as you go so you can play them again and again
- Meet fellow students during popcorn parties, pair up for duets (if you’d like), and show off your hard work at recitals
- While music schools tend to change instructors on a weekly or annual basis, as an independent studio, Mary will give every lesson herself. No need to waste time and money playing catch up
- Succeed Outside of Class
- Read through and analyze new music before playing it to reduce practice time and discover the best apps to make practicing fun
- Learning is Fun
- Learn notes through games, rhythm by dancing or with a drum, and some vocal training with solfege. Most importantly, learn to play the songs you want to learn
My 9 year old daughter, Chloe, has been a student of Mary Farrell’s for the past two years. Under Mary's expert tutelage, Chloe has blossomed into a strong and confident pianist. Chloe has developed a love of piano and looks forward to her lesson every week!
My husband and I couldn't be happier with Mary's instruction, enthusiasm, and impact on Chloe's piano playing. Mary is always sending links to videos and apps for Chloe to watch and try. I highly recommend her.